Mario Kart 7
Mario Kart 7 is the seventh game to be released in the mario kart series, excluding the arcade titles. It was created By Nintendo for the 3DS The game includes gameplay elements from the previous games, plus a few new ones including hanggliders and propellers for the karts as well as further kart custimzation, and the lucky 7 item.
- 1 Features
- 2 Characters
- 3 Vehicles
- 4 Cups
This feature allows players to race against the computer in a single cup, and is playable in both single, and multiplayer modes. Players are given points based on their performance on each race. In the end, the player is awarded a ranking (with D Being the lowest, and Three Stars Being the highest). The player must select what difficulty they want before they choose their character (etc) from the choice of, 50 cc, 100 cc 150 cc, and 150 Mirror (When the player beats 150 cc). Mirror mode is a harder version of 150 cc, along with flipped courses.
This feature, allows players to race against their best time on courses they have unlocked in Grand Prixs, and race others best time via Spotpass. After the Best time is recorded, it can be replayed through the players ghost. The ghost data replays the players exact movements they performed when racing their previous time. The player also has a choice to race against 7 of the best ghost data downloded through spotpass, (including themselves), and try to compete all 7 of them simotaniously.
In balloon battle, players try to pop each others balloons in order to make their opponent lost one. The player starts out with 3 ballons, and must protect themselves from others. Otherwise their balloons will pop, and will greatly loose many of their balloons he/she collected. The players compete in special courses specifically designed for this mode (and a few returning from previous games) in a 2 minute time limit.
In this mode, the player must rush in the balloon battle courses to find ten coins scattered around the course. Players may attack others in order to scatter their coins to further collect once most of the coins have dissapeared from the course. The game goes on until the 2 minute time limit is complete in each course, and have completed 4 courses of the players choice. The player who collects the most coins at the end of the four battles, will win first prize.
In Multiplayer, players can play against eachother through local play, or Download play. The host can choose to play a Grand Prix, VS which features custumizable gameplay,coin rush and balloon battles.
This feature, allows players to compete online through online communities, and race randomly chosen courses, based on the players choices. they may also compete outside of a community, and play either coin rush, or balloon battle.
Characters from the start
- Princess Daisy (Unlocked by beating 150cc Mushroom Cup)
- Wario (Unlocked by beating 150cc Flower Cup)
- Rosalina (Unlocked by beating 150cc Star Cup)
- Metal Mario (Unlocked by beating 150cc Special Cup)
- Shy Guy (Unlocked by beating 150cc Shell Cup)
- Honey Queen (Unlocked by beating 150cc Banana Cup)
- Wiggler (Unlocked by beating 150cc Leaf Cup)
- Lakitu (Red Shelled) (Unlocked by beating 150cc Lightning Cup)
- Mii (Unlocked by beating all cups on any class)
- Gold Standard (Unlockable through earning 2000 coins or 10000 VR)
- Birthday Girl
- Bumble V
- Soda Jet
- B Dasher*
- Egg 1*
- Barrel Train
- Tiny Tug
- Koopa Clown
- Cloud 9
- Blue Seven
- Bolt Buggy
- Pipe Frame
* = karts returning from Mario Kart DS
- Gold Tires
- Red Monster
- Super Glider
- Gold Glider
- Peach Parasol
- Flower Glider
- Beast Glider
- Toad Circuit
- Daisy Hills
- Cheep Cheep Lagoon
- Shy Guy Bazaar
- Wuhu Loop
- Mario Circuit
- Music Park
- Rock Rock Mountain
- Piranha Plant Slide
- Wario Shipyard
- Neo Bowser City
- Maka Wuhu
- DK Jungle
- Rosalina's Ice World
- Bowser's Castle
- Rainbow Road
- N64 Luigi Raceway
- GBA Bowser Castle 1
- Wii Mushroom Gorge
- DS Luigi's Mansion
- N64 Koopa Beach
- SNES Mario Circuit 2
- Wii Coconut Mall
- DS Waluigi Pinball
- N64 Kalimari Desert
- DS DK Pass
- GCN Daisy Cruiser
- Wii Maple Treeway
- Wii Koopa Cape
- GCN Dino Dino Jungle
- DS Airship Fortress
- SNES Rainbow Road
- Banana: Karts will spin out when encountering this object
- Triple Banana:Creates three bananas
- Green Shell: The player may throw this item in front, or behind them, and aim for the player their trying to hit; or they may use it as a shield from other attacks. karts will crash when encountering this object
- Triple Green Shell
- Red Shell: Similar to the green shell, only it will home on the nearest player in the front; making it easier to hit them. This item will not home on an opponent in the back of player.
- Triple Red Shell
- Spiny Shell:Homes on the player in the first place, then explodes onto them; creating an advantage for players behind.
- Bob-omb : When a player throws this object, it will walk around in the place it was set, then it will explode either if the player is near by, or if it is inactive for a moment.
- Mushroom : This item will speed up the player for about 3 seconds.
- Triple Mushrooms
- Golden Mushroom: Functions the same as a mushroom, only the player can press on it as much as they want for several seconds.
- Bullet Bill : Turns the player into a bullet bill, and gives the player a boost in the race, while toppling others in the act. Depending on the players position, the bullet bill may not be as effective. (For example, if the player was in first, the bullet bill may only last two seconds)
- Blooper : This item will allow the player to blind other players ahead of him/her with blooper ink. computers will swerve around while slowing down, allowing the player to easily pass.
- Lightning: When acquired by the player (usually in last place), everyone except the user will be electrocuted, and shrink; making all the other karts drop their items, being small and helpless. while the main user is driving, they might run over an opponent, flattening them. Depending on the position on the opponent, they will shrink for only a small period of time. (last place being the shortest, and first place being the longest.)
- Super Star: When acquired, it will make the user invincible for a short amount of time, allowing the player to topple over other players in the process. The user may also drive over the grass fairly easlily.
- Fire Flower: When acquired by the user, it will allow them to throw fire balls at any player in front, or behind them for a short period of time.
- Super leaf: This power up will give the player's kart a tanooki tail, and can be used to whack other players or objects out of the way.
- Lucky Seven: This is a special power up exclusive to mario kart 7. when aquired, the player gets 7 random items listed above and can use them as normal. Since the items revolve around the player, other opponents have the ability to steal an item from the player.